Tandem Paragliding = Adrenaline Rush + Incredible fun Experience! There is no other formula than this. There are so many adventures in Cape Town and Paragliding is not to be missed! I contacted one of the best Paragliding Company in Cape Town and apparently, the flight has always been canceled due to weather condition. It was very windy during my first week in Cape Town and even the Table Mountain cable car was closed that I have to go back the next week.
After meeting the Great White Sharks at Gaansbai, Spur of the moment, we drove to Signal Hill, meet my pilot with over 30 years of experience and we took off! I was the first to fly. While my friends were filling out their details on a piece of paper and meeting their pilots, I’m already flying in the air with my pilot and enjoying the best views of Lion Head and the Sea Point. I was so amazed at the view that there is no room for panic about safety, heights and fall off! I know my pilot is very professional and there is nothing to worry about.
There was no fear, only exciting and mind-blowing wing-overs and loops! Roller coaster ride was wohooo and oh yeah moments with my pilot. He was so cool, incredibly skillful and he made me feel comfortable throughout the flight. I felt like a bird for having such a great feeling of freedom. Each twist and turns gave me chills and landing was such an easy breeze!
I’m terrible at names! I forgot the name of my pilot! But here he is. Look for this excellent pilot! 🙂
To see Cape Town from above is totally overwhelmingly impressive. I was so damn glad I did this in Signal Hill. There could be no stunning views other than Cape Town!
Meet my new friend Morgan, a California Girl based in Barcelona Spain
– Choose Tandem Paragliding, they’re the best! All of their Pilots are professional and very knowledgeable.
– No experience needed to fly
– Essentials: Wear closed shoes, such as trainers, running shoes.
– Contact them through +27 (0) 768922283 two hours before your booking to check the wind and where you will be flying from.
– Bring a bottle of water for the hike (if flying from Lions Head), sun cream, hat, and sunglasses.
– In the event of bad weather, they recommend another suitable day and re-schedule your booking. If you’re unable to reschedule, Money will be refunded less a 10% admin fee.
– Always note that the Paragliding is weather dependent and sometimes they postpone, delay, reschedule, and cancel at the last minute because of the wind and cloud. The company will only fly if it is safe. Safety is their number 1 priority that’s why I chose to fly with them! 😉
– You can bring cash for payment. It costs R1150pp.
– No camera? No problem! The pilot has a go pro camera and will give you the SD card after you finished the flight. R250 for in-flight video and photos (you can decide if you want these on the day)
– They also have t-shirts for R200 and caps for R100.
– If you don’t have a car, they offer transfers to the parking area in Signal Hill for about R200 for one person, or R100pp for two or more people.
– Fly at your own risk, Have fun and enjoy the breath-taking views of Cape Town!