Feel the heat of the sun? Now is the time to hit the beach! Who says that spending an out of town escape with your friends or family would need to be costly? Head over to Burot Beach in Calatagan Batangas for an exciting and relaxing weekend getaway. A less than PHP1000 budget trip to the beach will truly make your summer extraordinary. The beach is privately owned by SM but still open to public until further notice. Burot beach is not developed yet. There is no accommodation however you can stay overnight if you have tents and stay hotels nearby. The beach is nice, relaxing and most especially not crowded. Heads up, there is no restaurant in the beach, make sure to buy some foods in the market or bring your own “baon” before heading to Burot Beach. Day tour entrance fee is PHP60 while overnight fee is PHP120. Tables are available for rent for only PHP300 and PHP500 for Nipa hut. Have a walk on the small beach, take a deep breath and spoil yourself with the tranquility of the beach. Put that work on hold for the meantime, Burot beach ensures a laid back and a fantastic summer breakout with your friends without having to spend the big bucks.
How to get there?
BSC Lines travels from Manila – Calatagan daily. Fare is PHP180. Travel time is approximately 3-4 hours. Bsc busses are located along EDSA near MRT Taft Station. You won’t usually notice the bus terminal, please be reminded that it’s located at the back of 24 hour Mcdonalds and Sogo hotel. The first trip is 4:00 AM. Tell the driver or the conductor to drop you off in Calatagan Market. From the Market, rent a tricycle going to Burot Beach. Travel time is approximately 20 mins.
– There is a public toilet in the beach, expect some trash inside the toilet.
– Tricycle from Calatagan Market to Burot Beach can be rented for PHP150. You can ask discounts like 120 or 130. Contact: Mang Cesar: +63915-2244206
– Tents are available to be rented for only PHP300. Contact the caretaker Mang Ramon:+63915-6028907 he will show you where to rent the tents.
– Be careful of sea urchins in some part of the beach and some jellyfish too.
– The beach is amazing but don’t be dismay if you see some junks scattered in some areas.
– If you’re planning to visit Burot Beach. Make it soon!
– There is a Sari Sari Store where you can buy soft drinks. They don’t sell ice but the drinks are cold enough to quench your thirst.
– There is no electricity in the beach so make sure to charge your cameras and take spectacular shots.
– Enjoy swimming but make sure to keep an eye of your belongings.